Job Description: To coordinate, facilitate, and manage the Customs & Excise national efforts, to ensure that performance management and quality improvement programs are developed, using a data driven focus that sets priorities for improvements aligned to ongoing strategic imperatives. To ensure that organisation-wide initiatives are focused and aligned on improving operational, efficiencies, and effectiveness.
• Analyze and accumulate information and provide reports with recommendations applicable to the EDM functional area or cluster.
• Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and team members to achieve predefined objectives.
• Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
• Correctly apply policies, standards, procedures, and legislation in the delivery of work outputs, and use practical and applied knowledge and situational judgement to consider policy implications and to arrive at decisions/conclusions.
• Ensure own understanding and adherence to customer service delivery and provide specialist support to meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers, SARS role players and third parties to achieve predefined objectives.
• Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in EDM functional area/cluster
• Ensure the integrity and quality of all data collected, identify and escalate associated problems, and undertake information gathering and analysis of data within set guidelines to report related information to business.
• Provide specialist input through the investigation of opportunities for operational and process product and risk optimization.
• Effectively plan and schedule own activities to continuously improve quality and service delivery in the EDM functional area/cluster.
• Apply and utilize systems in a manner that contributes to efficient and effective service delivery and optimized quality. Job Requirements:
• Relevant National Diploma / Advanced Certificate (NQF 6) AND 2-3 years’ experience in a similar environment, of which 1-2 years ideally at knowledge worker level
• Microsoft skills (Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (MS SQL studio and associated tools like SSIS, SSRS and SQL programming language is must), Knowledge and experience in R, Python, or any other statistical tools are preferable.
• Experience in Data Engineering / Business Data Intelligence / Data Science • Intermediate (practical application) knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, R etc.)
• Intermediate (practical application) Data warehouse knowledge
• Intermediate (practical application) technical expertise regarding data processes, data cleaning, analysis, reporting, data models, and database design and testing Job Details: Company: South African Revenue Service – SARS Vacancy Type: Full Time Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA Application Deadline: N/A