- Reference Number : refs/014735
- Directorate : PAEDIATRIC SURGERY
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R 833 523.00 per annum (All-inclusive package)
- Enquiries : Dr DS Harrison Tel.no (011) 933 8138
- Appropriate qualification that allows registration with the HPCSA as Medical Practitioner Registration with the HPCSA as Medical Practitioner. Proof of current registration with HPCSA (2022/2023). No experience required.
- The incumbent will be responsible to interview, investigate, diagnose, and oversee the treatment of patient. Supervising junior doctors (undergraduate students, interns, and community service doctors). Attendance of relevant administrative meetings like mortality meetings, near miss meetings and completing MEDICO Legal Documents timeously (e.g., Death certificate). Improve quality of care by 116 providing appropriate clinical care. Reduce medical litigation by exercising good clinical ethos. Implement and monitor adherence to National Core Standards (norms and standards). Participating in all activities of the discipline in relation to teaching and research. Participate in multidisciplinary team to the management of patients. Performance of practical procedures relevant to the care of patients. Ensure that administration and record keeping is done in the department. Willing to do commuted overtime rendering of after-hour (night, weekend, and public holiday) duties to provide continuous uninterrupted care of patients.
- Applications can be hand delivered to The Director: Human Resource, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital from 8am to 3pm at Ground Floor, Main Admin Building or posted to The Director: Human Resource, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital, Private Bag X01, Pimville, 1808. Applications must be submitted on the new Z83 form. The application form is obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents. The new Z83 must be fully completed (please refer on the left side of Z83 special notes for clarity), it must be initialled and signed. On the Z83 the Department where position was advertised it should state Department of Health (Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital). According to Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA) Circular 19 of 2022, applicants are not required to submit copies of qualifications and other relevant documents on application but must submit a fully completed Z83 and a detailed Curriculum Vitae. The Curriculum Vitae should be recently updated that specifies the following: All experience should be in a chronological order indicating the position, institution and respective dates indicating the starting and ending period (DD/MM/YYYY). The information on the new Z83 must be in sync with the Curriculum Vitae. Only shortlisted candidates will be required/requested to submit certified copies of qualifications and other relevant documents on or before the interview. Personnel Suitability Checks (PSC) –Verification (Reference checks- Provide at least 3 off which one must be immediate supervisor, the Department shall reserve the right to conduct verification beyond names provided, where necessary. Failure to submit all the relevant information preceding the statement above will result in disqualifying the candidate. Identity verification, qualifications verification, criminal record checks, credit/financial stability checks and employment verification. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Candidates in possession of a foreign qualification must furnish the Department with an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The recommended candidate may be subjected to medical surveillance as required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Act 5/1993. CHBAH reserves the right to utilize practical exercises/tests for non-SMS positions during the recruitment process to determine the suitability of candidates for the post(s). The Department reserve the right not to fill the post. The Gauteng Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : CHRIS HANI BARAGWANATH ACADEMIC HOSPITAL
Closing Date : 16-09-2022