- Reference Number : Refs/014696
- Directorate : MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R1 073 187.00 per annum. An all-inclusive remuneration package
- Enquiries : Enquiries: Ms Makgopa Evelyn Tel: 011 689 3845/073 464 0234/066 156 6669 (during working hours 8h00am to 16:30pm)
- Matric plus a bachelor’s degree (NQF Level 7) as recognised by SAQA, in Financial Management or equivalent qualification related to finance. 6-10 years working experience in financial environment, which include minimum 5 years in middle management. A valid driver’s license. No criminal record or cases pending against you. Knowledge and Skills: Departmental policies and procedures. Department priorities. Gauteng Safety Strategy. Reporting procedures. Information system. SAPS Act, Regulations and Amendments. PFMA, Treasury Regulation, GRAP, GAAP, PSA, PSR, etc. Employment Equity Act, 1998. Financial Systems. Interpreting and evaluating information. Verbal and written communication. Organising/ maintaining information. Communicating information. Computer literacy. Problem solving and conflict management. Listening and negotiation. Tact and diplomacy. Teamwork. Discipline. Financial management. Strategic management.
- Manage the budgeting process. Ensure and manage provision of effective budgeting governance and compliance. Oversee and manage the compliance of the financial management accounting. Manage and ensure the provision of financial reporting. Manage financial reconciliation, budgeting and reporting work as required. Manage resources: Human, Financial, Equipment/Assets.
- Gauteng DCS is an equal opportunity employer and gender sensitive employer, and it is its intention to promote retrospectivity in the Public Service through the filling of these posts. The Department committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity employment. In the filling of vacant posts, the objectives of section 195 (1) (i) of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996 (Act No: 108 of 1996), the Employment Equity imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act No: 55 of 1998) and relevant Human Resources Directives will be taken into consideration. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. APPLICATION: Applicants must apply online at: www.gautengonline.gov.za CLOSING DATE: 16 SEPTEMBER 2022 NOTE: Applicants must apply online at: www.gautengonline.gov.za / http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za. Applications must be submitted on new Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents. The fully completed and signed new Z83 form should be accompanied by a recently updated comprehensive CV only (only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of qualifications). Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) (only when shortlisted). Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late, will not be considered. Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment (in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency-based assessments). The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification. The Department of Community Safety reserves the right not to make an appointment and to use other recruitment processes. Successful completion of the Senior Management Pre-Entry Programme (Nyukela) is required before the appointment can be made. Enrolment for the course should be made on the NSG’s website at https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entry-programme Suitably qualified, dynamic, passionate, and experienced qualifying persons are invited to apply for the vacant position. The Department will not accept posted, emailed or hand delivered applications.
Employer : Department of Community Safety
Location : Head Office (Johannesburg )
Closing Date : 16-09-2022